Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How To Tell if StressLinux is working...?
11-15-2012, 03:59 PM,
How To Tell if StressLinux is working...?
Hi there,

I'm using stresslinux and I am not getting any readouts on my screen as to whether or not it is successful, or if it has found issues, etc.

I've got the disc in and it has been running for about half an hour now. The CDROM makes the loading noise, which fluctuates between super loud, and a little bit loud, and vice versa, and then goes quiet for a few minutes, and then does it all over again.

Is this StressLinux doing its stress test? And if so, how long should I let it do this before I deduce that there are no issues?
11-15-2012, 10:12 PM,
RE: How To Tell if StressLinux is working...?
according your description, i think stresslinux wasn't bootet. i think your cd image is damaged and can't be read by your cd drive, this would explain the different noise levels. stresslinux does not start automatic tests after boot, you have to login and use the stresstesting tools by typing in the commands.
11-15-2012, 11:02 PM,
[quote='stresslinux' pid='297' dateline='1353013930']
according your description, i think stresslinux wasn't bootet. i think your cd image is damaged and can't be read by your cd drive, this would explain the different noise levels. stresslinux does not start automatic tests after boot, you have to login and use the stresstesting tools by typing in the commands.
[/quote]

Hi there.

Thanks for the answer. I did login using 'stress' for username and password. And then I typed in the 'stress --cpu 8 --io4" etc command, without a timeout, and let it do its thing, and it did what I described above.
11-16-2012, 09:50 PM,
ok, this command will run forever until you press CTRL+C, you may add --verbose to get more output and you should monitor your system temperatures (on tty12 - ALT+F12) if your sensors are detected successfully. I think running it for about 30 - 60 minutes should be fine to say your system is stable.
11-14-2014, 10:23 AM,
Hello,

which version and image type are you using ?

02-16-2015, 11:03 AM,
this is very nice post