Stresslinux community
stress linux pxe boot - Printable Version

+- Stresslinux community (https://www.stresslinux.org/community)
+-- Forum: Stresslinux Main (https://www.stresslinux.org/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://www.stresslinux.org/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: stress linux pxe boot (/showthread.php?tid=19)

stress linux pxe boot - maroi - 09-27-2007

hi, i really want to use stress linux for system tests.
But i'm not able to pxe boot stresslinux, it always hangs at "vesafb: scrolling: redraw"
do you have any idea how i can solve this problem?

another thing is the pxelinux.cfg/default file, could you please have a look and correct the errors, there is an option "initrd" but in the .msg file there is written "noinitrd"

is the mailing list still active? i always get 404 errors if i access the list archives!

RE: stress linux pxe boot - Paul - 02-25-2008

First of all I want to say thanks to everyone who worked on this project... It sounds like a really great thing to add to my Linux toolkit, but I can't get it working on one of my systems!

I get the same thing as above on boot...

I'm running on a VIA EPIA EK10000G 1Ghz mainboard with a 1 GHz VIA Luke CoreFusion processor. On boot, I get:
[quote]vesafb: , , (OEM: VIA PN800/PN880
)
vesafb: VBE version 3.0
vesafb: protect mode interface info at c000:adcc
vesafb: pmi: set display start = c00cae1a, set palette = c00cae8b
vesafb: VBIOS/hardware supports DDC2 transfers
vesafb: monitor limits: vf = 75 Hz, hf = 81 kHz, clk = 140 MHz
vesafb: scrolling: ywrap using protected mode interface, yres_virtual=9830[/quote]

then it stops...

I saw in another post that I should try this command on boot:
[quote]stress video=vesafb:640x480-32@60,nomtrr,ywrap[/quote]

but I just get:
[quote]vesafb: unrecognized option notmr (NOTE: this is missing an r ??)
vesafb: , , (OEM: VIA PN800/PN880
)
vesafb: VBE version 3.0
vesafb: VBIOS/hardware supports DDC2 transfers
vesafb: monitor limits: vf = 75 Hz, hf = 81 kHz, clk = 140 MHz
vesafb: scrolling: redraw[/quote]

Then it seeks the CD for a little while and stops.

Any help would be appreciated..

Thanks

Paul

RE: stress linux pxe boot - steve1234 - 01-07-2011

very interesting post I'm reading.... gud question you raised maroi!!!!

RE: stress linux pxe boot - sajjad123 - 12-09-2014

The USB .raw file unzips to 1,143,996,416 bytes which is just too large to fit onto my 1Gb USB drive.
Given that the .iso image is barely a quarter of that size, it would seem likely that it doesn't actually need to be so large.
Is there any way of shrinking the .raw file so that I can fit it onto my USB drive? (Or even a 512Mb drive for that matter)

Thanks

RE: stress linux pxe boot - Penny Kees - 11-07-2017

the PXE convention utilizes the Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP) to exchange documents and DHCP for conveying system arrangement information, for example, an IP address. PXE likewise blends in extra parts to make a simple to-utilize framework appropriate for introducing servers, and also booting diskless customers.